The seven chakras are the centers in our bodies in which energy flows through. Blocked energy in our seven chakras can often lead to illness, so it's important to understand what each chakra represents and what we can do to keep this energy flowing freely. Here's our quick summary:
1. Root Chakra — Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded.
- Location: Base of spine in tailbone area.
- Emotional issues: Survival issues such as financial independence, money and food.
2. Sacral Chakra — Our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences.
- Location: Lower abdomen, about two inches below the navel and two inches in.
- Emotional issues: Sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure and sexuality.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra — Our ability to be confident and in control of our lives.
- Location: Upper abdomen in the stomach area.
- Emotional issues: Self-worth, self-confidence and self-esteem.
4. Heart Chakra — Our ability to love.
- Location: Center of chest just above the heart.
- Emotional issues: Love, joy and inner peace.
5. Throat Chakra — Our ability to communicate.
- Location: Throat.
- Emotional issues: Communication, self-expression of feelings and the truth.
6. Third Eye Chakra — Our ability to focus on and see the big picture.
- Location: Forehead between the eyes (also called the Brow Chakra).
- Emotional issues: Intuition, imagination, wisdom and the ability to think and make decisions.
7. Crown Chakra — The highest chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually.
- Location: The very top of the head.
- Emotional issues: Inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality and pure bliss.